Call for Scientific Papers
We are still accepting Scientific Poster submissions!
To encourage students, researchers and clinicians to present their scientific findings, case studies, or relevant research, the deadline for POSTER presentations will remain open and submissions will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Please note this is for POSTER PRESENTATIONS ONLY
The 65th Scientific Session will take place from Friday, October 10 to Sunday, October 12, 2014. We invite researchers and clinicians to submit a proposal for a research presentation, symposium or poster addressing empirical issues in the science of hypnosis and related topics, including suggestibility, placebo effects, and contemplative practice. The SCEH meeting will provide a unique venue for presenting and integrating rigorous data-based findings in an atmosphere conducive to constructive criticism and debate.
Poster presentations allow authors to concisely present a case report or data that can be easily grasped in this format. Poster presentations often permit more discussion between presenters and attendees and may be especially advantageous for students, clinicians, and new investigators. Authors will be expected to stand by their poster and be prepared to answer questions about its content during the poster session. The submission should clearly specify that the submission is for a poster presentation.
Poster presentation proposals should include:
- TITLE AND AUTHORSHIP INFORMATION: Include the title of the proposed poster presentation and the contact, institutional, and degree information of the author(s). Please underscore the name of the presenting author.
- PRESENTATION DESCRIPTION: Submit an abstract of no more than 150 words, along with a note of no more than 100 words to the program committee explaining the scientific significance of the proposed poster presentation.
We offer presenters a reduced registration fee of $300. This mandatory fee covers attendance to the Scientific Session and Workshops, and allows presenters to receive continuing education credits in accordance with their professional board. SCEH also offers scholarships (maximum stipend support: $500) to students who present at the conference (for further details, see Scholarships)
Pre-submission inquiries may go to the Scientific Chairs -
- Devin B. Terhune, PhD- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelagh Freedman, MA - email@example.com
- Michael Lifshitz - firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions, please contact Anne Doherty Johnson at email@example.com.