Call for Scientific Papers
Call for Papers is closed for 2014
The 65th Scientific Session will take place from Friday, October 10 to Sunday, October 12, 2014. We invite researchers and clinicians to submit a proposal for a research presentation, symposium or poster addressing empirical issues in the science of hypnosis and related topics, including suggestibility, placebo effects, and contemplative practice. The SCEH meeting will provide a unique venue for presenting and integrating rigorous data-based findings in an atmosphere conducive to constructive criticism and debate.
Research presentations provide an opportunity for reporting novel empirically-based findings, including experimental studies, case reports, clinical trials, meta-analyses, and systematic reviews. Presentations typically occupy 20-minute time slots with the last 5 minutes reserved for questions and discussion.
Research presentation proposals should include:
- TITLE AND AUTHORSHIP INFORMATION: Include the title of the proposed presentation and the contact, institutional, and degree information of the author(s). Please underscore the name of the presenting author.
- PRESENTATION DESCRIPTION: Submit an abstract of no more than 150 words, along with a note of no more than 100 words to the program committee explaining the scientific significance of the proposed presentation.
Symposia provide an opportunity to bring together a group of researchers to critically discuss empirical findings pertaining to a specific theme of great relevance to the hypnosis community. We especially welcome approaches that aim to integrate research and practice or draw upon research in psychology, psychiatry, or neuroscience to highlight issues of relevance to our understanding of hypnosis. Symposia typically occupy 60-90-minute time slots.
Symposia proposals should include:
- SYMPOSIUM DESCRIPTION: Include the title of the symposium and an abstract of no more than 100 words describing the topic. Please mention the total time required for the symposium. Finally, please include a note of no more than 100 words confirming that all presenters have agreed to participate and an explanation of the scientific significance of the proposed symposium.
- PRESENTATION DESCRIPTIONS: Include the title of each presentation, along with the contact, affiliation, and degree information of all authors. For each presentation, please underscore the name of the presenter and submit an abstract of no more than 100 words.
Poster presentations allow authors to concisely present a case report or data that can be easily grasped in this format. Poster presentations often permit more discussion between presenters and attendees and may be especially advantageous for students, clinicians, and new investigators. Authors will be expected to stand by their poster and be prepared to answer questions about its content during the poster session. The submission should clearly specify that the submission is for a poster presentation.
Poster presentation proposals should include:
- TITLE AND AUTHORSHIP INFORMATION: Include the title of the proposed poster presentation and the contact, institutional, and degree information of the author(s). Please underscore the name of the presenting author.
- PRESENTATION DESCRIPTION: Submit an abstract of no more than 150 words, along with a note of no more than 100 words to the program committee explaining the scientific significance of the proposed poster presentation.
We offer presenters a reduced registration fee of $300. This mandatory fee covers attendance to the Scientific Session and Workshops, and allows presenters to receive continuing education credits in accordance with their professional board. SCEH also offers scholarships (maximum stipend support: $500) to students who present at the conference (for further details, see Scholarships)
SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSAL: The call for papers is closed for 2014.
Pre-submission inquiries may go to the Scientific Chairs -
- Devin B. Terhune, PhD- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelagh Freedman, MA - email@example.com
- Michael Lifshitz - firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions, please contact Michele Hart at Michele@sceh.us or 508-598-5553.